Due to the CGHS Craft Fair and that the primary needs we have for the show are volunteer signups for show nights, we have decided to cancel Saturday’s parent meeting. CLICK HERE TO SIGNUP to help supervise certain areas of need next Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday for the performances.
Parents/family who are willing to come to Saturday’s rehearsal (between 9-3) to help with costumes and props, please just show up! We have jobs for willing hands.
Because of the Craft Fair, you may want to park at MSC or CGES across the street. Please enter at door 10, next to the choir room.
Email Mrs. Catie Zenor (assistant director, firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP if you are willing/able to help with any of the following. Thank you!!!
- Saturday, 11/4:
Costume help needed with organizing, sewing (with needle and thread, not machine), hemming, cutting, or hot gluing. If you have these basic skills and are able to come help, please join us for any part (or all, if you’re able) of rehearsal. The earlier you can come, the better, but if you can’t come until later, that’s fine, too!
- Saturday, 11/4-Tuesday, 11/7, if needed:
Props–A couple parents to help organize & possibly find some last minute items (running to Goodwill or a craft store, if needed). We’ll be able to pay for or reimburse you for any purchases that need to be made, but hopefully we’ll only need your help organizing everything and not going out to buy anything!
- Saturday, 11/4-Wednesday, 11/8
Donate items for concession sales and for snacks for the cast and crew. If you are donating for the concession sales, here are some tips:
- No pop; ONLY Water–must be Aquafina, due to CGCSC’s deal with Pepsi.
- You make bake or buy anything pre-made to donate. Please just package sweets/snacks in snack baggies that could sell for $1 each. We don’t want to deal with coins, if possible.
**All concession sales will go into the theatre fund. (You may not be aware, but our anticipated ticket sales will only cover the cost of what we’ve spent to produce this show. Concession sales will be pure profit for the theatre program.)
- Tuesday, 11/7; Wednesday, 11/8; Thursday, 11/9
Coordinate a meal for the cast and crew! We need to provide dinner for the kids on these nights. We will pay for the meals from the theatre fund, but we would appreciate having a parent (for all three nights, or three parents for one night each) coordinate the meal. This would include calling the restaurant, finding out what kind of a deal they would give us, asking for donations (if possible), giving them the tax exempt info, and placing the order. If you’re able to pick up the food and deliver it to the school, that would be ideal; if not, we can find someone else to do that. Here’s info that would be helpful, if you’re willing to do this job:
- We already have pizza, Chik-fil-A, Fazoli’s, and hamburgers/hotdogs lined up as meals through Monday. If you’re willing, perhaps call Subway, Qdoba, a BBQ place, or any other restaurant you can think of. If we end up having to do a repeat meal, though, that’s ok.
- You’ll be placing the order for a total of 60 people.
- Since part of the cast and crew’s production fee included covering meals, we don’t need to worry too much about the total price. A ballpark number would probably be between $150-$250. If the meal is much more than that, perhaps try another place.
- Delivery time should be around 5pm for each night, whether they deliver, you pick up, or someone else picks it up.
- Email Mrs. Widbin (email@example.com) with any questions or if you’re willing to place an order and/or pickup/deliver an order!
- Tuesday, 11/7 (dress rehearsal) AND all shows:
Makeup supervision and “guidance” help needed. We need 1-2 parents to come during 1 dress rehearsal for practice and then all shows to be present as the cast is putting on their makeup, telling them if they need more or less! You do not actually have to do any makeup (unless you want to); really, we just need eyes helping guide them as they get ready.
Tickets are now available for the CG Theatre production of Into the Woods. Performances are at 7:00 p.m. Thursday, November 9 and Saturday, November 11, and at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, November 12. All tickets are $10.
Click here to select your seats and purchase tickets!
Thank you to EVERYONE who came out to audition for She Loves Me. As you have probably heard by now (or read in our post yesterday), we’ve decided to switch the show this fall to Into the Woods! During auditions, it became clear that the cast make-up of She Loves Me was not the right fit for the students who were trying out; we switched to Into the Woods because of the similar cast size though greater variation of parts. While this is an unusual move for CG Theatre, we are thrilled to produce this show, and we hope that those of you who did not make the cast will still want to be involved with the crew!
A few reminders (see details in Thursday’s post):
- Monday–Cast AND Crew meeting from 3-5 in the auditorium. The parent meeting has been RESCHEDULED.
- Wednesday–Cast AND Crew meeting from 3-5 in the auditorium. There will be a meeting just for SENIORS from 5-5:30.
- Friday–Rehearsal has been CANCELLED.
Congrats to the Cast!
The CG ComedySportz High School League team will square off against the Professionals from Indy ComedySportz at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 22. This is an official CSz matinee match at their location downtown and is open to the public.
Tickets are $14 each including services charges and are available at http://indycomedysportz.com/upcoming-events/. The CG vs. Pros event HAS SOLD OUT IN THE PAST so buy your tickets early.
In addition to the Pros event, there are three remaining matches on the calendar:
- Wednesday, April 12 AWAY at Roncalli (7 p.m.)
Thursday, April 13 HOME vs. TBD (7 p.m.) CANCELLED
- Thursday, April 27 HOME vs. CGHS Teachers (7 p.m.)
- Thursday, May 4 AWAY at Westfield (7 p.m.)
Tickets are now available for the CG Theatre production of Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8, and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 9. All tickets are $8.
Click here to select your seats and purchase tickets!
CG Theatre proudly presents Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap, April 7-9, 2017. Show times will be 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the CGHS Auditorium.
This classic whodunit is the longest-running play on London’s West End. The CG Theatre version is directed by seniors Adrianna Goss and Taylor Ward and produced by CG Theatre Directors Kathleen Kersey and Danielle Myers.
Tickets will be available to the public beginning Friday, March 17 via http://www.cgtheatre.org.